Monday, October 13, 2008

Pumpkin Soup/Columbus Day


So the Stout turned up at 1.063.....that's about 16 Plato for you geeks out there. Nice indeed.

Today is the quintessentially perfect fall day, made all the more so by the fact that my hands are now stained "Oompa-Loompa Orange" and reek of pumpkin. I plan to use up some of the hundred or so gallons of chicken stock I have laying around as a result of last weeks' Chicken Carcasses: The Stockening, in which I went nuts and simmered up all the random carcasses & bones which had been piling up in my freezer. Seriously, what the shit am I going to do with all this stock?

Anyway, the pumpkin soup should be good...imagine a nice, creamy, savory soup with a touch of nutmeg hidden away...and then imagine yourself sprinkling some crispy bacon on top of it. Yea, that's how we do Columbus day at 46 Tremont.

-Wrence

No comments: