Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ry-Toy Returns

Sooooooo, this is Bros11 huh?  I kinda sorta remember this whole thing.  Well, I have been away for a while...school has been kicking my ass and my usually low level of motivation dropped to "extremely low" for a while there.  But I'm getting back on the bloghorse for a nice little blogride.  Thanks to 'wrence for tending the flame during my unfortunate absence.  I'm going to try to be better...I think.

Went to the Kendall Square Theater tonight for a flick, but more on that later.  First thing's first, Angie and I grabbed some food.  We were gonna go to that pizza place across the street...Rosalia's or something like that...but it was too crowded and we were crunched for time.  So instead we hit up the Cambridge Brewing Company for some beverables and mangibles.  I had never had the pizza there...got the margherita and it was dynamite.  Angie treated herself to a Chicken Club Pizza that basically made me really excited....it even came with ranch dressing on the side!!!!  For drinks I had their Late Harvest IPA, which was deliciously malty and hoppy and wonderful.  Angie had the Pumpkin, which I did not try because I am boycotting pumpkin beers of all stripes for 2008.  It's just a personal decision basically.

Onto the movies...first of all, Kendall Square theater is awesome because it shows dope movies you don't get in other places...but at the same time IT'S A TOTAL FUCKING SHIT SHOW at all times.  More than half the movies were sold out tonight and the place is just absurdly disorganized.  We had bought our tix ahead over the interweb, so we were all good.  The movie in question was Synecdoche, New York starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman.  It was fucked, as is every Charlie Kaufman movie that I have seen.  Hoffman plays a theater director who is basically bat-shit insane and neurotic.  The whole thing was absurdly surreal and sometimes hard to understand what Kaufman was doing.  Hoffman was awesome as usual, the rest of the cast was real solid as well.  I didn't realize what I was getting into when I saw it...if my mindset had been one that was more ready for a complete blow-job I would have enjoyed it more.  I'll probably see it again though at some point.

Getting out of there is a shitshow too.  Instead of paying for parking on the way out, you have to wait in line to pay at the teller...which is always at least 75 people deep.  It fits the feel of the place to have something as unorganized as this as the lasting aftertaste of your experience there.  That said, I will be back I am sure.

So that's my story...I'll try to do some more cool stuff soon so that I can type about it.

&Ry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's "Emma's" pizza. Which is also a junk show 95% of the time. Glad you got to CBC though, I can't wait to hit that place up when I get back