Sunday, December 20, 2009

A wedding and a blizzard

Had a pretty baller wedding to go to last night. It was my best friend from college J'Mann's little brother Mike's wedding. When Mike was a freshman, we used to buy him and his friends beer, leave it in our room, and then go out to do whatever it was that we had going on. We would typically come home to find a slew of freshmen playing beirut and having a pretty solid time. I always wished that I had someone do that for me when I was a freshman. Anyway, we got tight with the little guys and now they are all growed up and getting married and whatnot...so I was happy to get to go.

Food was tight, the band was absolutely kickawesome. They played a bunch of awesome stuff...some Killers, The Cure, The Clash, the Boss, Dylan, etc...definitely not your average wedding band and it was a pretty solid time. As you may or may not now...the big guy decided to cover up most of the east coast with snow and shit this weekend. So all that started while we were weddinging. It is impossible to get a cab in downtown Boston on a good night, let alone in the middle of a blizzard. Add to that, the fact that Angie was in wedding attire and had no leg coverings, so she refused to even be outside. So I walked around Boston like a douche trying to hail cabs for an hour before we resigned ourselves to having to crash on a cot in J'Mann's room at the hotel. Woke up this morning and by some miracle a cab pulls up right behind us as we are walking...so that made life a little better.

I just want to leave you with an image of exactly what the wedding was like. This is the father of the groom, and my own personal hero: William Cyril Cagney Esq. I might be making this my facebook pic for a while:



That all I got for now, I think. Looks like the snow should be finishing up soon. So begins the time-honored process of shoveling out my car and marking my spot.

&Ry

No comments: