Saturday, May 22, 2010

Return to the LHBS

So, bros, here we are. Last time I checked in, I was bringing tidings of a certain American skier's wang in a way-too-tight suit. That was a long time ago, and a lot has transpired in the interim. I have finished up the whole school thing at last and graduate on Monday. No job yet, so we'll see what happens there. But this should free me up to ramble about my exploits and travails.

To celebrate my new period of indolence, I took a trip up to the LHBS to purchase stuff to brew since it has been since last August that I had anything going on...and my last batch is still sitting in a carboy in my room. A year old heffe doesn't really sound too enticing to me, so here goes.

My first reaction when I walked in was to the fact that the comic book store-ish dude who is usually dressed in leather was there. No leather this time, but he did have an odd head-shaving thing going on. It was like a mohawk mullet with some other designs on the sides. Maybe there is some rule that he always needs to exude a certain degree of oddity and lacking the leather chaps, chose to shave this shit into his head. Long time, no see...it's good to be back.

Upon my arrival at the back of the store where they store the grain I was pleasantly surprised to see that the mill area had been totally revamped. Check the pics here and here. They built a new support cabinet and the mills are now more contained and less susceptible to the prying and poking of local nerds. They may have even replaced the mills themselves, but I am not too sure.

It was a good trip anyway and I milled my grain in the big guy in no time flat, which is awesome. I'll brew it up on sunday, recipe below.

Cheers,
&Ry

Grainbill
#6 UK 2 Row
#3 White Wheat
#2 Golden Promise...used this on my last blonde wheat and i liked what it added...i might bump it up this time from 1 pound to 2

Hoppage
1 oz Pacific Jade...amazing aroma on these bad boys. High alpha, and I don't know how I will use them yet. The non-nerd LHBS dude told me sierra nevada is debuting a brew with these next month, so I may actually wait to try that before I use them.
1 oz Vanguard

Yeastitude
1271 American Ale II

I am calling it Back in Blonde...I think

1 comment:

Ja'Mann said...

MORE BODE MILLER!!!!