Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How did this happen?

I just spent the better part of an hour wondering how I got to this point. There is really no reasonable explanation...nothing anyone can say to make sense of the fact...nothing that can ever be offered as proof that this is anything but a tremendous lapse in character. I just watched an entire hour episode of Hell's Kitchen.

Not only that, but I have yet to miss an episode of Hell's Kitchen this year. I know every "chef's" name. I know where they are from and what their deal is. I have some that I prefer and others that I hate. Despite all these facts I absolutely hate this show.

The fact that I have mastered the art of the DVR so that I can watch both a half hour of South Park and an hour of Top Chef on Wednesday nights speaks to my usually discerning television taste and devotion to staying up on the shows that really matter. Yet somehow, from 9-10 every Tuesday, I tune in to the shit-a-thon that is this awful television show. Gordon Ramsey is a douche, plain and simple. He gets these ridiculously under-prepared and underqualified line cooks to come in and play chef while he belittles their efforts and reads orders off like the Micro Machines guy. It's absurd...and it is terrible TV. I need to take off my shoes and unzip my pants to count the ridiculously unnecessary dramatic cliffhangers surrounding each and every commercial break.

Still, I hate myself...I can't stop watching.

& Ry-Toy

No comments: