Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Lunch Epiphany

Not an epiphany which I experienced at lunch, but an epiphany about MY WHOLE APPROACH to eating lunch at work.

WARNING: this entry will be boring, so do not read any more of it.

To start, I HATE DESPISE LOATHE the following:

-shopping for cheap, relatively healthy lunch options for my work week
-putting together said cheap, relatively healthy lunch the night before or morning of a work day
-dragging out said lunch and trying to enjoy it.

I don't bring leftovers because I hate having to find space in the junk-show refridgerators in our lunch room, and the microwaves all reek of burnt micro-popcorn (that's a whole other hate-filled post, now that I think of it). And it's just too expensive to eat out in downtown everday (not to mention the sucky choices I am subject to in the financial district).

Then I found this thing at Whole Foods:












Yea, it's called "Doctor Kracker" but you know what? They are amazing. Turns out, it's this organic company out of Texas making them. Despite knowing that my "krackers" drank a diet of petroleum for thousands of miles on their way to my gullet, I'm still all about it, at least until some Massachusetts company starts making stuff like this. Coupled with a small container of that "grind-it-yourself" peanut or almond butter (thank you again, Whole Foods), you have yourself the perfect, dippable, snackable cubicle feast, for dirt cheap. It's also tasty as hell, and healthy. How do I know it's healthy? CHECK OUT THE 'GREDIENTS:

organic spelt flour, filtered water, organic sunflower seeds, organic sesame seeds, organic flaxseeds, organic spelt bran, sea salt, yeast, organic barley malt syrup

Ingrediets like these must be what Superman has in his pantry up at the fortess of solitude. With the combination of all these potent grains, I expect nothing less than: perfect skin, increased energy, super-intelligence, rosey-smelling flatulate, complete immortality, and (time permitting) X-ray vision.

How many of you can say you've been this excited by your lunch? No one? Good, that's probably the more appropriate reaction.

-'Wrence

No comments: