Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sigur Rós -Boston, 19 September 2008

The show was freaking TIGHT! Seriously....and our seats were 2nd row center, as you can pretty much tell from the photo above. This shot was taken, as usual, with my phone and sucks. I'm pretty sure this was from the opening song, svefn-g-englar (or, alternately, "unpronouncable song #1").

Damien & Liz came with, but had seats way in the back; the Bones & I were basically on the stage with the band. Observe:

and the venue is my favorite place in town to see a show, outdoors under a giant tent on the waterfront....plus, it was a cool evening so everyone had out their big wool sweaters, Icelandic-style.
I'm thinking about re-naming this blog "Cool stuff I've done but am only able to present in crappy cellphone camera images."
This shot was from one of the last songs, Gobbledigook, which was clearly off the Gobbledihook. (Please slap me in the face for that joke, now). The show may have started slow and mellow but ended on a totally energetic and manic note, and not a person remained seated by this point. Freakin' great.

Edit: here's the setlist-
svefn g englar
glósóli
ný batterí
fljótavik
við spilum endalaust
hoppípolla
með blóðnasir
svo hljótt
heysátan
viðrar vel til loftárása
inní mér syngur vitleysingur
sæglópur
hafssól
gobbledigook
illgresi
popplagið
____________

So today I'm dedicating some serious time to sitting around & doing nothing except maybe hanging out with the badass pumpkin I got yesterday at the farm. Should be good times.

-Wrence

No comments: