Monday, August 11, 2008

NYC, Exhuastion, Great bus deals

Just got back from a day/night in NYC; I forgot how exhausting that town can be.

I arrived at 2pm via the Lucky Star bus, which runs more or less on the hour all day from South Station Boston to Chinatown NY, and runs express (no stops in between) so it only takes about 4 hours. Also: it's stupidly cheap at only $15 one way. Now, ladies and gentelmen of the jury, I may not know much-


But what I DO know, is that this is an amazing deal.


I met up with a somewhat random group of people and managed to party the entire length of Manhattan Island, starting in the upper east side, moving all way up to the tip top of Fort Tryon Park (this place was really dope) which hardly seemed like being in the city at all, then to Soho & the Village for dinner/drinks, and ending up way way downtown to see some band at an Irish pub called Ulyssees, which had only a moderate cheese factor to it. After a night of several personal "firsts," which MAY have included urinating off of a subway platform onto the tracks, I crashed at Diesel's sister's place in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

I am now back at work, after a whole week off (one of the best weeks I've had in a long time, actually) and the only thing keeping me from flinging myself off the roof is the fact that I have Thursday and Friday off -and oh yea, I'M SEEING RADIOHEAD wednesday night. Some of my friends caught their set at the All Points West Festival Saturday night in Liberty Park; I was afterwards treated to possibly the best description of a Radiohead show that I have ever heard.

Damien: "Basically it was like an alien spaceship had landed on the stage."
-'Wrence

No comments: