Saturday, July 11, 2009

Brewreport

I brewed the pale ale I was planning today. It went relatively well with only a few of the minor fuckups that my brew sessions have come to be marked by. I continue to suffer from mediocre efficiency...and my attempts at doing a protein rest and raising the temp through a decoction didn't pan out exactly as I planned. Either way, I am certain this will still be a very tasty brew to be enjoyed be many in just a few weeks.

I also racked my hefe to secondary today...and I cheated a little taste as I was siphoning....this shit is gonna be delicious. If it turns out as planned, it will be the third hefe I have made that I have sweated the shit out of. Let's hope. I don't think it is done yet because the grav came in at about 1.015....I think it probably has another couple of points to go before it is fully finished. Looking at bottling this next Saturday....cross your fingers for me.

I am trying something new today...more for fun than for any other reason. I have been fucking around a bit more with ProMash and I also have been diddling a bit with GoogleDocs. As such, check the brew report for today's attempt. Thoughts?

See ya...
&Ry

4 comments:

Wrence said...

Nice work. Quite an ambitious mash program to tackle as well. What's next in the wedding beer series??

Ry said...

i think i am going to take advantage of the cake from my last hefe and throw another hefe down the hatch. i will probably wait a while on that though...it being a hefe and not needing much time at all

Wrence said...

Hefe II ? Or maybe add some munich & carafa or something and make it a dunkelwiess ?!

Ry said...

i'd rather stick with what i know...and what i know people will like...since i am making it for an audience