Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What RyToy's been doing....

The month of June was a crazy one for yours truly (RyToy)...here's a quick refresher since my last update:
June 14-16th - Orientation Session 1 (out of 7) at a Boston area university where i am currently a student and also hold a position as a staff member for the office that does freshman-y type of stuff.
June 18th - Bus to NYC -- took my mom to dinner at Craft which is one of Tom Colicchio of Top Chef fame's flagship establishments. Righteous dinner...to say the least
June 19th - took my Dad to the Mets game at CitiField wearing my blue "I'm Calling It Shea" t-shirt to rave reviews from fellow Mets fans. They won the game...which is a rarity these days and the stadium is pretty tight. It lacks a lot of the flavor and memories of the old place and I am never going to be ok with it having a corporate sponsorship, but it makes up for that in some small way by having pretty bitching food, comfy seats, good sightlines, and a ballpark that you can actually walk all the way around.
After the game, I met my buddy J'Mann at David Copperfield's in NYC...pretty tight laid back beer-bar;. If I lived around the corner from a place like this I would likely have my own toilet and/or urinal
June 20th - bus back to boston and dinner with angie
June 21st - Orientation Session 2
June 22nd - Angie's gramps dies at the age of 93. He'd been failing for a while and it was really a matter of time. Nonetheless, the family, and Angie, were very affected by the loss. I however was not allowed to leave campus even to take Angie up to NH , so she had to drive herself up after leaving work. I will probably hold that grudge for a while.
June 23rd - Session 2 ends, I leave that night to go up to NH and hang out with the fam.
June 24th - Drive back to Boston to put in 5 hours at work then drive back to NH.
June 25th - Gramps' burial
June 26th - Gramps' memorial service
June 27th - Back to Boston
June 28th - June 30th - Orientation Session 3
June 30th - Drove home post-session, packed a bag and drove myself to Hyannis to catch the fast ferry to Nantucket
June 30th - July 3rd - stayed at Angie's family's time-share in Nantucket and enjoyed island life/the beach. Went to an amazing Spanish restaurant that had just opened up. We liked it so much the first time that we made it our last dinner on the island before leaving. Here's a write-up...no official site.
July 4th - Plumb Island Beach for the 4th then picked up some lobsters and steamers and had a little clambake type thing at my house for dinner. watched the fireworks on TV and lamented the loss of Neil Diamond
July 5th - brewed my Hefe at long last
July 6th - Work
July 7th - Bottled my summer ale....at long, if not longer, last

I'll put something together to discuss brew stuff, but just wanted to catch you up on that nonsense. Until Sunday July 5th, the last time I had spent two consecutive nights sleeping in my own bed was June 12th and 13th. Suffice it to say, I am grateful to have a little respite.

&Ry

2 comments:

Wrence said...

So you didn't do ANYTHING on June 17th??? You lazy BITCH!

Ry said...

Looking back, I realize that is a glaring whole in my schedule. If memory serves, I worked that day and just kinda chilled that night. Come to think of it, the 16th and 17th were the last time i spent two nights at home until last weekend.