Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Advertising Tourette's

for the last year or so i have been primarily listening to 92.9FM in Boston. In the car I am usually listening to the ipod, but my alarm clock plays this station and I put in on in the shower. I like it because when they started they didn't really fuck around with commercials that much and just played music for long stretches. they also don't have actual DJs, so it's like a computerized playlist. for those of you who are more romantic, i suppose the loss of the DJ is a cause for mourning, but there really is nothing I like less than listening to self-important pricks talk about shit I don't care about.

anyway, lately there has been a development that has me concerned. in lieu of your standard commercials, they have been throwing in these guerrilla ad...almost subliminal. this morning, some crappy red hot chili pepper song had just finished and spoonman by soundgarden was starting. sandwiched right in the middle some dude just blurted out "BLUE MAN GROUP." It always seems to be random Boston-ish types of stuff, but it is always hilarious like "KELLY'S ROAST BEEF" or "ERNIE BOCH JUNIOR." to be honest, i really feel like this is the type of stuff i would rather have happen instead of sitting through 30 second long commercials. just plant the seed my friend...just plant the seed.

&Ry

No comments: