Monday, January 4, 2010

The First Bros11 Post of the Second Decade of the Millenium!!!

Despite the fact that not much too noteworthy has gone on since I last wrote, it would be worth a quick note to apprise all interested parties as to the comings and goings of the last couple of weeks.

I managed to travel to and from the Tri-State area (NY/NJ/CT) for Christmas without incident. Got to see my Dad and both my Moms as well as all my cousins on my Mom's side. The most interesting of the gifts included:
a) a Flip video camera, which I will find some good use for at some point. For the time being it will function as a means by which I can annoy the crap out of Angie
b) Alton Brown's baking book. I have always had the urge to get into breadbaking, pie-crusting, and muffining but I never really had the time or ambition. I plowed through the book and immediately started putting some thing into action. So far I have gotten a decent multi-grain loaf out as well as a delicious banana-nut bread. Stay tuned for more baked goodness.

I haven't had to work in a good few weeks, which is dope. I have been staying up late, sleeping in, and watching a a lot of TV. If I don't sound upset by this, then you are picking up on my mood wonderfully. I just put the finishing touches on my third watching of season 1 of Lost. I decided to once again rewatch the series in anticipation of the looming final season premiere on February 2nd. There's always something else to pick up on, or something that you might be forgetting so it is a good exercise in laziness.

Lastly, Angie's mom got me two dope DVDs as gifts. The first is the two disc combo set of Queen's rock Montreal concert in addition to their Live aid performance. The Rock Montreal one is particularly epic in that he begins the set fully dressed and end in nothing more than his underoos...classic. Second, I was gifted a two DVD set of Festival Express, which while not as amazing as the Last Waltz, has a similar awesome-70s-rock-god-lifestyle vibe to it.

Hope Santa was good to everyone else. Party on.

&Ry

No comments: