Sunday, January 17, 2010

Bad crunches

It has been a while since I did any formal exercise. Once daylight savings ended, I can no longer run outside in the dark without fear in South Boston after watching Gone Baby Gone. The gym at school costs five bucks per visit or $135 for the semester. I'm not about to pay five bucks every time I want to go for a little jog, nor do I see the wisdom in paying over a hundred dollars just to be able to work out for the last 6 weeks of the year. So I decided that I would pay for a membership for the second semester and in the meantime, I will just do situps and pushups at home. Decent plan, no?

Time went by and I never actually held myself to my own promise of residential calisthenics. That is, until Tuesday. After Angie went to bed and I had plowed through another 4 or 5 episodes of Lost on my comeback tour, I decided to do some crunches.

Fast forward to Wednesday morning...not only was my stomach sore, owing to my long layoff from any kind of activity. But my neck was also incredibly sore. Like....I couldn't even move my head from side to side without feeling like Daniel Lorusso after getting worked by Johnny on the beach. I don't remember this ever happening to me before...I guess I must have been doing something wrong, huh?

&Ry

No comments: