Saturday, May 3, 2008

Brew Sesh

This post will be short and sweet, as it is late and I am tired.

Brewed the aforementioned IPA tonight. Had a small boil-over, but otherwise things went well. Here are the deets:

5.5 gallons

6# American 2-row malt
3# British 2-row malt
3# Munich malt
.75# Cara-foam
.25# Crystal 60

1.5 oz Amarillo pellets - 60 min
.9 oz Simcoe flowers - 10 min
.5 Summit flowers - 10 min
2 oz Summit flowers - knockout
(1.5 oz more Summit flowers for dry hopping later)

hit 1.072 for gravity (surprisingly high, but right where I was hoping)
anticipate around 75 IBUs

Yeast was wy1056 (beast) - cropped & washed from my last batch (a pant-load of it)
60 seconds of 02 & off we go

Sweet dreams, brew children
-'Wrence

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still remember when I came home and The Beast was playing my Wii and wearing my Mets jersey. Boy was I impressed!!

Anonymous said...

word. This guy sat in my fridge for a month; I was somewhat concerned of its health, but since it was BEAST I didn't even both with a starter, just warmed it & pitched. It took off a little slow (8hrs) but still pretty amazing considering

Anonymous said...

You should have used AHLYV OYUL!!!