Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Grille Time/Bottling night

Tonight, despite the rain, I grilled. It was well deserved, I think.

I stopped at Savenor's on the way home, the idea being to splurge on some red meat. A beautiful rib eye steak was spotted, scoped out, and greedily purchased. The girl painting the chalkboard sign out front was beautiful. It was sunny. I happily skipped home. I had just time to change my clothes, start the coals in the chimney, and open a brew-ha when it started to rain on me in my driveway. Then, it started to rain harder. I shook my fist to the heavens, and let loose a torrent of chopped vegetables, bathed in a fresh thyme vinaigrette, skewered mercilessly upon bamboo stilettos of death. The steak simply had a suggestion of salt & pepper, and was cooked to medium rare. All was well.

After a brief digestion break, catching up on the replay of the Champions League final in Moscow earlier today (Man-U won in PKs), I began phase two of operation: awesome; bottling my latest beer, a substantially large IPA, which was modeled after one I had made back in December. The newest could easily be said to be a solid improvement over what was already one of my favorite homebrews. This one clocks in close to 8% booze by volume, according to amateurmash, and is expectedly nice and malty. A sweet alcohol presence is also there, and welcomed (by my mouth). The hopping is right smack in the middle of balance-land; accompanied by generous aromatics from the late kettle additions and the dry-hopping. God I love drinking flat IPA right out of the carboy.

Also, I racked the mead that I....umm...meaded last week. The recipe is impossibly complicated, but click this link for a list of ingredients, if you dare.

And last-ish, I would like to mention that, while perusing this neat-o blog tracker thingy that RyToy installed, I noticed that in addition to the numerous cities represented across North America, we recently had a visitor from Bombay India here at Bros11. So I say, WELCOME! I hope you've enjoyed reading our little crap-cake of a website, and please do come back!

Bonsoir, mes amis

'Wrence

No comments: