Wednesday, July 9, 2008

...and then I created FOOD

From what was once nothing but dirt, water, and Carbon Dioxide, I have created salad.


BEHOLD, the Vegetablening:


This was a shot of the garden, featuring the "arugula box," about 2 weeks ago. Today, I harvested my first batch of leaves (leaving the plants themselves intact, so I can harvest again in a few more weeks). Ah, the glory of photosynthesis!


BEHOLD, Salad!

In order to get the full terroir from my arugula, I kept it moron-proof simple: just dressed the leaves with lemon, olive oil, and some shaved parm. I can't even put into words the inappropriately immense amount of satisfaction I had eating this. I MADE FOOD. I mean, I've made bread, beer, and even cheese, but THIS shit I coaxed right out of the AIR (basically.)

Just go ahead and TRY to enjoy the rest of your night, I dare you.

-'God

No comments: