Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Fall

Sooooo, once again I have been away for quite some time. I am going to stop introducing my posts in this fashion at some point....either that or I am going to be more forthcoming with postitude. Neither is a promise though, please realize this.

There is a funny story I need to relate from a few weeks ago. My bro was up from NYC as were a bunch of his friends. It's a bizarre thing, but worth noting, that his friends always...ALWAYS...travel in packs of up to as many as 50 people. It's insane. Anyway, the herd was going to Sanctuary on this one night in question and I went along despite my loathing for that place/type of place. You know the black pants/black shirt/black shoes, nts-nts dance/grinding, redbull & vodka, 5 dollar cover type of place. We were there for about an hour, before it happened. We were standing near the bar, making nonsense conversation when the familiar waft of upchuck floated towards my nose. My brother, his pal Frank, and I turned to see a nice pink puddle of the nastiness in middle of the "main drag" of the bar. Basically you couldn't go anywhere in the bar without having to walk through this shit. So the three of us were standing there with our shirts covering our noses watching people straddle, hop, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the roadblock. Then along came a girl who must have been too drunk to realize that people were avoiding SOMETHING on the ground or she was too stupid to care. Well, lo and behold, before our very eyes she steps fully into the vomit and eats it. Her legs slid completely out from under her and she went into it stomach first. The three of us looked at each other with that horrified/infinitely amused face knowing that we had just witnessed a once-in-a-lifetime type of moment. Never again will I be lucky enough to be completely tuned-in to something along with two other people as funny as this was. The poor girl got up and was understandably horrified. She had her hands over her face crying for the next few minutes and then (I hope) she left. It was amazing though. I really wish I had a camera.

&Ry

No comments: