Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mid-May update from Pennsy

Last night I was hooked up with some free tickets to the Phillies/Dodgers game through work. It was a great night to be out at a ball park; hadn't been to a baseball game in about a year. The seats were tight as all get out, too.


Philly lost, and I didn't get my chance to eat the legendary Schmitter sandwich I have heard so much about. Major bummer. People really freak out about this culinary marvel, and I cannot blame them. Unfortunately last night, I waited until the 6th inning to go get one, and alas: they had run out of rolls. Unreal. Next time I am definitely going to try getting one earlier.
______

Today at the brewery the same gentleman I linked to above (the NPR host) was in the brewery recording some interviews and taking pictures. I believe the piece will focus on the series special one-off beers we're doing now. Speaking of which, we just brewed the first batch of the 2nd installment, basically a wheat beer with a pant-load of finishing hops. It should be interesting, keep an eye out for it.
______

I bought a car. Rather, I'm waiting to just hand over the check & drive the sonmbitch home, but I am currently dealing with PA red tape, trying to get it registered and to get myself licensed in this state. A real pain in the rump. But I'll keep you posted.

Peace,

-Wrence

2 comments:

KGBrews said...

nice seats dude! and congrats and the wheels...

KGBrews said...

I meant "on" the wheels...