Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Turbid Blonde Ale

So I racked my "blonde" ale to secondary this morning before work. I brewed it a couple of Sundays ago I think...so it has been in primary for just over two weeks. A little long I guess, but I have done it before.

Now, I had commented to 'wrence that i was worried about the turbidity of the wort/beer but we both agreed that it would probably be ok after some time to settle down and think about what it had done. Well, I am here to tell you that two weeks in primary has done nothing to lessen the cloudiness. I guess I should have done a protein rest or some shit like that, but hey man...I have a life to live here don't I?

The thing is, the color on this bad boy is beautiful, it's just too bad it is as cloudy as it is because it almost looks like dijon mustard...or shitty-pisswater...or potentially I guess pissy-shitwater. As tempted as I may be to bottle it even if it is still cloudy after a week or two in secondary, I will probably throw some gelatin or isinglass down the hatch to clear it up. So I harvested the yeast cake just in case I needed to repitch to condition it. Who knows...maybe I will actually get the kegerator thing done and then I can force carbonate it after clearing it out. That would be some incentive huh? Fuckin' eh.

&Ry

1 comment:

Bros11 said...

But, you have to admit: "Turbid Blond" is a pretty good name

-Wrence